Very new ubuntu user here.
I just updated ubuntu (running on virtualbox on windows) from 16.04 to 16.04.1.
When I rebooted my vm - all of the menus, panels, minimise/maximise/close elements were not visible. I have since managed to get the menus to appear as per screenshot below. I am able to right-click and open a terminal session and run programs (as per pgadmin3 running on the right-hand side of the desktop). If I right-click and open an additional terminal session, it is superimposed on the first, and I cannot
alt-~ to any other terminal session.
In addition, I am unable to move windows, yet
move windows is checked in ccsm.
I have tried the top-rated answers for the following questions without success:
- No panels or menus after upgrading to 14.04
- Ubuntu 16.04 no menu bar or launcher - help!
- Close/minimize/maximize button not appearing
- How can I always show the close, minimise & maximise buttons into their own windows?
- Ubuntu 12.04 Missing Close, Minimize and Maximize Button after Update and Upgrade
- Unity missing? Can't see top or side panels
- Application's menu missing from menu bar
- Unity doesn't load, no Launcher, no Dash appears
- Unity Launcher and Top Panel disappeared in 14.04
Any help would be really appreciated!