I've been amongst the first users of BQ's Aquaris M10 Ubuntu Edition tablet and I'd been waiting for a Ubuntu tablet for 4+ years. Now after playing around a lot my final rating for this device + OS is not a positive one. Amongst the most annoying weak points for me are:
- no multi user ability
- not a real Ubuntu Linux inside but still a tuned Android only, hence missing a lot of Linux tools, e.g. openSSH
- Bluetooth does not usefully work
- really horrible and sloppy touch experience even after OS update
- almost useless app landscape: To fill the app store, an estimated 99% off all 'apps' are nothing but (mobile) websites in headless browsers from solo developers who call their apps a test or 'beta'
- Even standard tablet features such as serving as a music player with the Ubuntu native player is a farce...
I apologize for my rant and happily accept any down ratings for being off-topic. But hopefully, I'll get eventually a useful device with a modern state-of-the-art operation system:
Now, to my regret but to keep myself from getting even more grey hairs:
How can I completely remove Ubuntu from the M10 tablet and replace it with a fresh Android installation?