I can't get the brightness control to work properly on my Ubuntu 16.04 installation. My laptop screen appears really dark, but my second monitor works well. I've already tried a lot of alternatives (some are listed below) but I still had no luck on this matter. My Laptop is a Lenovo Z400 with a NVidia 630M.
I tried so far:
- Change and update the grub with the following line: GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="splash acpi_backlight=vendor"
- Also tried GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash video.use_native_backlight=1"as suggested here Cannot change backlight brightness Ubuntu 14.04
- Create a file 20-intel.conf as suggested here: https://itsfoss.com/fix-brightness-ubuntu-1310/
- Install xbacklight and set the brightness there (xbacklight -set XXX) . It doesn't work at all
- Set the backlight max level manually to /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness (doesn't change anything)
Before the upgrade I was using Ubuntu 15.10 and the brightness control was working properly, but I've never been able to set the screen brightness at the same level than my Windows installation. This is something that I've never understood as well.
ls /sys/class/backlight/ intel_backlight
I really appreciate any help!