I'm trying to install Nvidia drivers on Ubuntu GNOME 16.04 but I have problems when I boot up.
My machine has 2 SSDs:
- First one with Windows 10
- Second one with Ubuntu GNOME 16.04 (on which I boot)
I installed an encrypted Ubuntu with LVM on the SSD. When I booted everything went fine but after going to "additional drivers", and restarting, I get a black screen.
I tried typing my password to decrypt my partition but nothing happens.
Things I tried:
- CTRL + ALT + F1 (tried to put "nomodeset" into /etc/defaults/grub") but I can't get the prompt.
- I also tried to press "E" when the grub screen appears and to put "nomodeset" after "quiet splash"
- I tried a regular Ubuntu 16.04 and check the disks
My graphic card is a GTX 780.
Is there something I missed ?