Before I came here, I searched the internet to find a solution but in vain. I cannot install the KindleGen plugin on Ubuntu 14.04 so that the Kindle comic converter can convert my jpeg images into the Kindle Paperwhite MOBI format. I downloaded KindleGen from Amazon and unarchived and decompressed it and it stood still. I don't know what actions to take. I did as the Readme text shows but "No such file or directory" shows in the terminal when I type /KindleGen/kindlegen as the instructions said.
The following are the installation instructions for Linux:
KindleGen for Linux 2.6 i386:
- Download the KindleGen tar.gz from www.amazon.com/kindleformat/kindlegen to a folder such as Kindlegen in home directory (~/KindleGen).
- Extract the contents of the file to '~/KindleGen'. Open the terminal, move to folder containing the downloaded file using command "cd ~/KindleGen" and then use command "tar xvfz kindlegen_linux_2.6_i386_v2.tar.gz" to extract the contents.
- Open the Terminal application and type ~/KindleGen/kindlegen. Instructions on how to run KindleGen are displayed.
- Conversion Example: To convert a file called book.html, go to the directory where the book is located, such as cd desktop, and type ~/KindleGen/kindlegen book.html. If the conversion was successful, a new file called book.mobi displays on the desktop.
- Please note: It is recommended to follow these steps to run KindleGen. Double-clicking the KindleGen icon does not launch this program. Run the above commands without quotes.