I've upgraded my laptop (Lenovo Z50-70) which has an i7 CPU and 8Gigs of Ram to Ubuntu 16.04 from 15.10. I've been installing updates consistently. I'm using ubuntu with Gnome desktop environment (GDM).
Lately I've been experiencing a weird problem, my CPU (including all 4 cores) are 100% used by some processes like
gnome-software(Gnome software) and
fwupd(Firmware update daemon). This makes my work goes down. If i even kill those processes, they are starting back again.
Is there a solution for these processes to not utilize 100% of my CPU. And I don't want answers saying use the
cpulimit utility to provision the amount of CPU for those processes. I find this a core problem in Ubuntu, i'm expecting real solutions for the problem.
What I've tried so far is,
Removing those PPA's i've added except the official PPA's for checking updates. That didn't work out!
Attached a screenshot of
htop screen of these processes.