cal does not work on my M10 tablet, both in tablet and in desktop modes; it is the only failure I have found so far. Has anyone any ideas as to why it fails? Are there any other commands that do not work on the M10?
cal is not installed by default on Ubuntu Touch. Contrary to desktop Ubuntu you can not simply install it through
Your options are:
- wait for somebody to package it for Ubuntu Touch (unlikely, as this is not really a typical tablet/phone application)
- mount your system r/w and install with
apt-get(DON'T DO THIS, it will likely break your system)
- install it in a container or chroot (but this is not trivial, see https://askubuntu.com/a/623311/532550 for full instructions)
- install it from source in your home directory (if the necessary compilers etc. are available)
- use a different application
I think your best options are 4 and 5.
P.S.: "does not work" and "fails" is not really a useful error description. To allow people to help you, include all necessary information, in this case the command you ran and the error message you got:
phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ cal bash: cal: command not found