I am using shutter to create screenshots. The workflow that I would like to do is something like this:
- Create a giant image 900x9000 px.
- Open the image in the shutter editor
- Take screenshots with the shutter screenshot tool and add them to my giant image. I am currently documenting a bug that takes 10 different steps to reproduce, so I want to create a single screenshot containing the 10 steps.
Unfortunatly, this isn't working, because I need to close the shutter editor before I can grab more screenshots.
If I try to open a second instance of shutter, I get this:
[May-11 10:49][~]$ shutter WARNING: Gtk2::AppIndicator is missing --> there will be no icon showing up in the status bar when running Unity! INFO: There is already another instance of Shutter running!
I would accept answers any answers that allow me to keep an editor open while making more screenshots. Options I have considered:
- Find a way to take screenshots from shutter while the editor is open
- Find a way to force shutter to open a second instance
- Find another image editor with similar functionality to shutter
- Find another screenshot grabber and use shutter strictly for editing
I am using Shutter 0.93.1 rev 1278 on CentOs and Ubuntu.