I have an issue on my Dell XPS 13 9343 laptop. I have used 14.04 15.04 and 15.10 on this machine and each one has been a fresh install (deleted the partition and made a new one of a slightly different size).
Sometimes it will work perfectly for a month, other times like today I have crashed 5 times. Each time I am doing something in Chrome, minimizing it, open a link, opening an incognito window, closing the developer tools etc.
It is not a full crash, the cursor still moves, however I cannot access the terminal 'ctrl+alt+F1', doing so removes the cursor and I cannot get it back. It feels like Chrome is making X or lightdm fall over in some way, though I may be wrong.
Since I have to hold the power button to power off and on again I lose an session debugging I might have had.
How can I debug this seemingly random Chrome crash?
- What files should I be checking?
- Any specific errors to look out for?
- Anything I should run in the background to help capture more information?
- Clearing config files doe not help
- Reinstalling Chrome does not help
- I just need to know where to get started on this, I feel lost right now!