The above laptop is freezing up sometimes when I plug in a micro HDMI dongle.
The laptop is running Ubuntu 16.04, with very little installed, and is up-to-date as of today.
Here are a few scenarios:
- The LapTop is on, the HDMI is then plugged in, and the laptop freezes after a moment.
- Nothing works other than long press of the power button.
- In this case, there is nothing in the logs after boot of interest. They simply cease, which is consistent with the idea of a freeze.
The Laptop is on, the HDMI dongle is then plugged in, the secondary screen works, but there is a log output that looks terrible. I wanted to paste it here, but it's refusing to format nicely. It's a kernel trace, with the ---cut here--- bits inserted.
The Laptop is off, the HDMI is plugged in, and the laptop is turned on.
- The 2nd display works as expected. Screen modes can be changed with no issues in the log
- If the HDMI is re-plugged however, the above 2 scenarios reign.
I'm not sure where this should be, maybe as a bug report?
Any help, direction would be useful.