I have just reinstalled to OS on my laptop due to upgrading to an SSD and switched from Ubuntu 14.04 to 16.04. I was surprised that my bluetooth speaker stopped working in a stable way, like it was working with 14.04. Now I wave to go through all these steps to make it work:
- Turn on the speaker (doesn't auto-connect like it did in 14.04)
- Turn on the speaker in the Bluetooth settings (doesn't play music, it just doesn't start playing at all)
- In sound settings for the speaker change mode from A2DP to HSP/HFP (it starts playing music, but in very low quality)
- Change the mode back to A2DP (it automatically switches to built in speakers each time I choose the Bluetooth speaker and try to change the mode back to A2DP)
- Turn of the speaker and turn it on again
- Only now it lets you switch the mode for the Bluetooth speaker back to A2DP and plays music
By "plays music" I literally mean it - it doesn't start the playback.
Does anyone have any advice how to deal with this problem?