I just installed Ubuntu 16.04 via update from 14.04. I'm using gnome-shell 3.18.4. When I want to log to my gnome shell session the login is very slow, it takes more than 1 minute where the the only thing displayed is the wallpaper and then the gnome-shell session appears (the boot sequence works fine, although I don't see the Ubuntu Icon that should be displayed during this sequence after Grub, it is quick, the problem is after the login screen). Here are a few facts:
- It works perfectly when login to Unity
- After login to unity and ending the unity session it works perfectly when I login to the gnome session.
- I removed all gnome extensions and this does not change the problem
- I removed .gconf .local and .config and this does not change anything
- Here is the .xsession-errors:
openConnection: connect: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type cannot connect to brltty at :0
- I deleted .Xauthority and .ICEauthorithy but this did not solve the problem
- I looked on the web but I have serious difficulties to understand what people say about this type of problem and what to do.
My computer is an HP EliteBook 840. Any help would be welcome, thanks !