[arch=amd64] to the
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome.list as suggested but was still getting the error.
I noticed there was a second possible reason for the error.
On my system there is a file called
This file also needed the
[arch=amd64] added in order to clear the error.
I added directly to the url using the update manager "mintUpdate 18.104.22.168" by clicking on edit>software sources, entering my password, selecting "additional repositories (on the left), highlighting the item that matched:
deb http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb/ stable main
Clicking "Update URL" and adding
[arch=amd64] just after the deb as such:
deb [arch=amd64] http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb/ stable main
Though it's not as fancy as the terminal method it'll work for those of us that are GUI oriented.