This question already has an answer here:
I am fairly new to Ubuntu. I am currently using Ubuntu 14.04 version. I am stuck into a problem that my primary user account is not functioning after i ran a command
chown -R username:usergroup /* on a secondary user.
I have two users in my machine. Both are administrator functionality. One name is abc and other is root. abc is the primary user and i had run the command by the other user. Thereafter i am having this problem.
- I can't able to login with the second user.
- Guest account is working fine but the other account is not.
- Sudo command is not working.
- Primary user UI is very slow and keep blinking every time.
- Shut down option not working.
Getting error message as "sudo: /usr/bin/sudo must be owned by uid 0 and have the setuid bit set" after running the sudo command