The error is self explanatory. You're in the middle of Easy Install, which would install and/or update the VMware Tools anyways as part of the Easy Installation process (which is an automated process to make deployment of VMs simpler); as such, it won't permit you to run the installation manually.
- Install the OS first, and let VMware do its thing, including VMware Tools installtion.
- After installation completes, shut off the VM.
- Remove all CD and Floppy images from the VM's settings.
- Reboot the VM, then install the tools if they're not yet installed. You have a few ways to get the tools though:
- VMware tools installer, from the VMware system itself, OR
sudo apt-get install open-vm-tools - open source version of the tools that does pretty well.
I caution you, though, this doesn't mean you'll be able to get 'full screen' functionality automatically - for the most part, I've only seen that as a Windows function, not a global-across-everything function.