I am using Wired internet. Want to create a WiFi hotspot using an USB Wireless router. I tried all the possible way discussed here in AskUbuntu like:
- Followed step by step several times according to How to setup an Access Point mode Wi-Fi Hotspot?
- Configure WIreless Hotspot Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty
I was able to create Access Point using both links but that doesn't work for me saying Incorrect Password in my 2 Android devices (Android version 4.3 and 5.0).
I also try to create a Hotspot searching for 3 days using the following method found in an other website:
- Install KDE’s Network Manager.
- Add a Wireless (shared) connection giving a name, ssid, and select Access Point mode.
- From wireless security tab select "WPA & WPA2 Personal" and set a password.
- Select my connection by clicking "Connect to Hidden Wi-Fi network" on Unity panel.
Then try to connect my android phone but failed. After searching a lot I have found that many posted that having a password in Access Point not working. But nowhere a solution for that. Then I removed my password and it works.
My question is why setting a password not working and how to set a password in access point using KDE’s Network Manager?
Need help and thank you guys in advance.