I am trying to do an OEM install of Ubuntu Server (14.04.3) but cannot seem to get it working. I have managed to do a Ubuntu Desktop (14.04.3) easily.
I am trying to this to:
- Install all current updates
- Install open-vm-tools, sssd and other packages
- "install" some in house scripts
- Put the initial config in for SSSD, so a custom "join-domain" script can be run which just does the final steps to test and join the domain once deployed.
- Have a consistent base build which can be used for VM Servers.
Can someone please point me at a step by step guide to achieve this similar to the one for Desktop OEM Installation.
Many Thanks for your help on this.
UPDATE 2015-01-18: Adding step by step of what I have tried:
I tried to add images properly but I'm not allowed to, very unhelpful!!!
I have tried this:
- Select OEM Install (for manufacturers) from installation media boot menu (Screenshot: i.stack.imgur.com/tg5WX.png)
- Install Ubuntu Server as normal (Screenshot: i.stack.imgur.com/l4pgz.png)
- Install Additional Packages (Screenshot: i.stack.imgur.com/me1t2.png)
- Initial config of packages
- Try and run oem-config-prepare (Screenshot: i.stack.imgur.com/RNHM8.png)
The program 'oem-config-prepare' is currently not installed. You can install it by typing: sudo apt-get install oem-config
Please advise what I am doing wrong?