My question is similar to How to toggle off Caps Lock by Shift key?, but I am running version 14.04 and Xubuntu (XFCE). Also the only answer there doesn't actually answer the question and I haven't found this piece of information elsewhere on the web.
What I'd like is:
- Caps Lock should enable the keyboard's CAPS mode.
- Shift should disable the mode.
I prefer to configure these once-per-installation options through some GUI that's part of the base installation, but a complete console command(s) would be appreciated as well.
EDIT 1: Clarify why this is NOT a duplicate of the "How to toggle off Caps Lock by Shift key?" question
As I tried to sum up above already, there are the following reasons why the linked question doesn't help me:
- The linked question is for Ubuntu, but I am asking for Xubuntu. That means my desktop environment is XFCE, not Unity.
- The version of my system is 14.04, not 14.10 as in the linked question. That might or might not make a difference.
- The only "answer" to the linked question doesn't really answer the posed question, that's why I didn't even try it out: there is simply no point installing a piece of software just to indicate the Caps Lock status when I am after some configuration to change the behaviour of my keyboard. In fact, I believe that this answer should be deleted and I think the OP of that question would agree with me on that.
Please let me know if these points need even further clarification.