Last week while I was installing the texlive-full in the Ubuntu system in VMWare I found that it took too much time, and then I went back home left it installing. But when I came back, something weird appeared:
1. Many Vim plugins yelled at me.
2. After rebooting, I got stuck with a totally black screen.
3. My Genome was gone. I can only interact with the OS via command line after hitting Ctrl+Alt+F1.
4. Since I got to know that I need extend the disk space for the Virtual machine, I attempted to get it done by following this awesome tutorial, but got stuck again when trying this command
pvcreate /dev/sda3. The system told me that it had not been installed. But when I run
sudo apt-get install lvm2, it reminded me that I should run
sudo apt-get -f install with no parameters instead first.
5. But I saw that the failed texlive-full was being installing, and again it failed because of the limited space issue.
6. Then I deleted about 1.5G of files. I checked it by running
df -h after
sudo apt-get clean. But when I run the command I run in the 4th step, the error saying
E: Write error - Write (28: No space left on device) E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened. reoccured.
Then my question is that what I can do to undo the interrupted installation of texlive-full? It seems that it has not been automatically undoed after the failure. I don't want, and it seems that I need not, to delete more files for more space.