How can I select all the text in a Terminator terminal? Ctrl-Shift-A does not work.
The quickest way to select all / select specific text in Gnome Terminator:
- Click at the start of the text you want to select
- Scroll the window to the end of the text you want select
- Shift + click the end of your selection
- All text between your first click and your last Shift + click is now selected
- Then you can Ctrl + Shift + C your selection out of there
It's not a keyboard shortcut, but it's a lot faster than click-and-drag to select text, that's for sure.
Install and activation:
- copy selectall.py into /usr/share/terminator/terminatorlib/plugins/
- restart terminator to discover the new plugin
- in terminator:
- switch to Plugins tab
- select SelectAll
- click Close
Now you can Select-All by: right-click->Select all
Perhaps I should add a shortcut as well.