Notebook is Lenovo IdeaPad Z500. Ubuntu 14.04 LTS with latest updates.
When I first time clicked on F12 (which change brightness up by default) light become lower, but not 0 (I see the text, but it's hard). And after that F11/F12 change values and scroll brightness but without effect.
In /sys/class/backlight/ I have only one folder - intel_backlight.
I tried different recipes:
- Edit /etc/default/grub and update-grub. Set GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash acpi_backlight=vendor", I also tried set GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash intel_backlight=vendor"
- Setup "Brightness Controller". This program change brightness from current level to black monitor. And It thinks that max level is the same, which was before program installation, but it much lower than was origin.
- I tried edit files in /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/ like actual_brightness, brightness, max_brightness and I can't do that because of access permissions. When I changed permissions I got "Input/output error" and I can't save file too. Interesting that max_brightness has value = 976.
- I also tried make /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel.conf file with no results.
No one of this recipes can help me
- How to control Brightness
- and many others..
Of course I want
- Control brightness.
- Return max level brightness to my computer (because now is very low for human eyes)
I'm not experienced user in Linux. Please, help.