I just upgraded to Ubuntu 15.10 from 15.04.
- The Unity sidebar and top bar are nowhere to be found.
No matter if I push the cursor against the screen border.
- The Unity top bar only appears when logging in. Fully interactive, functionality intact.
- The Unity side bar is nowhere to be found. I never see it.
- Another notable missing feature is ES-EN keyboard switching with
Super+Space. I assume since it's part of the top bar.
Every other program seems to be working properly.
Also, I have the Variety wallpaper changer installed (still works), and think it could be a possible culprit.
I have tried:
- Restarting Unity as shown in this answer.
- Opening up the
unity-tweak-tooland resetting all tabs to normal. I had a retractable/hidden side bar before the upgrade, but toggling this feature doesn't help.
sudo apt-get upgradein case any packages were missing, to no avail.
I've managed to get by with
Ctrl+Alt+T for opening up the terminal and
Alt+Tab to change between opened program windows, but it's fairly uncomfortable.
Any ideas or assistance would be appreciated.