On the Acer Aspire R11 I tried running Ubuntu from the USB, it was awesome!!
Touch features and a fully powered laptop !!
But when I wanted to install Ubuntu (I had downloaded 14.04.3) the problems appear :
I chose to erase Windows and make only one partition
- Installation seemed to work fine, everything looking good, BUT:
- On restart, after I remove the USB it shows error "no bootable device"
I went into the BIOS and tried to repeat the installation with :
- secure mode disabled and then with it enabled
- using legacy instead of UEFI, then tried UEFI again
- F12 boot was already enabled from the start
- In order to disable the secure boot mode, I had to create a boot admin password, so I have done.
In all these permutations, I tried to install Ubuntu from the USB but:
Each time the installation is aborted about half way through downloading files (i.e. after the "who are you?" screen)
What to do?