My Nvidia Geforce GTX 850m issues are:
- Tearing on everything( window moving, video in Smplayer, video online in Firefox and Chromium, Scrolling in both Firefox and Chromium)
- no vsync settings on the Nvidia Xserver settings Window.
My driver and system info is:
- System: Ubuntu 15.04
- Processor: Intel Core i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40Ghz x 4
- Memory: 7.7 GiB
- Hard Drives: 1 TB
- Intel Corporation 4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller.
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 850m.
- Driver Version: 346.59 from nvidia-346-update
Its in Dual Boot with Windows 10.
What I've tried:
- xorg.conf configurations (triple buffer, usleep, powermizer maximum performance)
- X server settings (OpenGL: maximum performance, all antialiasing options all powermizer options)
ccsm(Sync to Vblank, undirected, 120hz refresh rate)
- I have basically tried everything I found with "nvidia" "ubuntu" and "tearing".
I had Linux Mint and had the same tearing issues, among other severe graphics issues (Random freezing, etc.). I have no issues till now with my nvidia card with Windows 10.
Anybody got a solution?