Second Screen Resolution Nvidia (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS)
I declared a new display setting on Nvidia X Server Setting. And by saving it to correct place made it persistent after reboot.
- Check if you have the right driver. It should be from Nvidia. See image.
- Open Nvidia X Server Settings by searching computer or by terminal command below:
If it is not installed. Do this:
sudo apt-get install nvidia-settings
- And choose X Server Display Configuration. It should look something like the image below.
- Choose second screen, in my case it is CRT-1.
- Open Configuration drop-down menu. Choose New X Screen. And Click Advanced at the bottom.
- Then you should see Resolution settings inputs. Enter your Screen resolutions. It may come with like 1024x768. Change it to your need. I could not change ViewportOut. But we can Proceed.
- Last part is saving those settings.
After entering your resolution there is a button at the bottom
Save to X Configuration File .
Click it and save the file to this destination.
- Reboot and go to Settings > Diplays you will see more options at resolution drop-down.