I am trying to install Xubuntu 15.04 with LVM and LUKS, manually partitioning in order to have a separate
So far I have booted the Xubuntu live CD and went through these steps:
- Used gparted to create three partitions:
200 MB fat32 with boot flag as /dev/sda1- EFI System Partition.
300 MB ext2 as /dev/sda2- Will be used for /boot.
400 GB unformatted as /dev/sda3- Will be the encrypted volume.
- Created and opened the encrypted volume:
cryptsetup luksFormat --cipher aes-xts-plain64 --key-size 512 --hash sha512 /dev/sda3
cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sda3 crypt
- Set up the logical volumes on the encrypted volume:
vgcreate vgcrypt /dev/mapper/crypt
lvcreate -n lvcryptroot -L 30G vgcrypt
lvcreate -n lvcryptswap -L 10G vgcrypt
lvcreate -n lvcrypthome -l 100%FREE vgcrypt
- Set up the filesystem on the logical volumes:
- Ran the installer, selected the appropriate options and started the installation.
/dev/mapper/vgcrypt-lvcryptrootto mount point
/dev/mapper/vgcrypt-lvcrypthometo mount point
/dev/sda2to mount point
/dev/sdaas the device for boot loader installation.
- When the installer finished, I chroot-ed into the new system:
mount /dev/mapper/vgcrypt-lvcryptroot root
mount /dev/sda2 root/boot
mount -t proc proc /proc
mount -t sysfs sys /sys
- I created
/etc/crypttaband added an entry for
- Inserted the line:
crypt UUID=<uuid_here> none luks
Upon attempting to boot into the newly installed system, I am not asked for a password to decrypt the encrypted volume. I am thrown into the initramfs prompt without any errors. What did I miss?