I've read a lot of similar topics, but nothing helped. Check out my little sad story:
- I made bootable USB with UNetbootin. I tried Ubuntu 12.04 and 14.04, linuxmint 17.1, fedora kde, zorin.
- Before i upgraded BIOS, which is actually UEFI (absolutely no settings except boot sequence) i got "Boot in secure mode" quick message. After i made BIOS upgrade i see quick message "\EFI\BOOT\fallback.efi": 14" and grub starting after that.
- Grub didnt see my Win7, but i thought its ok.
- Installation goes fine, at the end it asks to reboot i press 'ok do it', but after reboot i see that message (point 2) again, grub starts and doesnt see my fresh Ubuntu.
- I tried to make EFI first partition manually while installing and before it with gParted(I DID IT A LOT OF TIMES) but nothing helped.