I have a very specific need to change the mousepoll value in Ubuntu 15.04.
In Kerbal Space Program there's a Linux bug where if you drag the view with the right mouse button while the mousepoll value is higher than 125hz the game will hang for a second or two making it very frustrating to play.
I have a Logitech G400 mouse that polls at up to 1000hz. I cannot work out how to change this.
I have tried:
options usbhid mousepoll=8in
usbhid.mousepoll=8on the command line while booting
sudo modprobe -r usbhid && sudo modprobe usbhid mousepoll=8from the command line
These are somewhat effective in that
cat /sys/module/usbhid/parameters/mousepoll returns
8 as expected. But the problem remains in KSP, and when I run
evhz from https://github.com/ian-kelling/evhz it still reports polling rate of 1000hz.
- I'm on a laptop. The touchpad isn't using usbhid and polls at 125hz according to evhz. No problems doing the right click panning in KSP using this.
- Xfce 4.12 (tried with compositing enabled and disabled, no change)
- Nvidia 346.59 drivers
- Performance in KSP is otherwise as expected based on my laptop's hardware
- Packages (including kernel) are all stock
- Mouse is plugged into a USB 3.0 port