After so much efforts I was able to solve my problem myself. I did the following steps and it worked.
- Uninstall gnome-settings-daemon
sudo apt-get remove gnome-settings-daemon
- uninstall all other packages, which are not required
sudo apt-get autoremove
- After uninstalling, I tried to install gnome-settings-daemon again using
sudo apt-get install gnome-settings-daemon
but it started showing me some broken dependencies issues related to gnome-settings-daemon-schemas.
- So, I opened Synaptic Package manager and reinstalled gnome-settings-daemon-schemas.
- After it, I installed gnome-Settings-Daemon from Synaptic package manager and it was successfully installed without any dependency issue.
restarted the system and Everything started working except Unity Tweak tool which was now giving me new error that com.canonical.unity.webapps is missing. So, I installed
sudo apt-get install unity-webapps-serviceand it worked.
Now, the only problem I am facing is Indicators are missing. like TextEntry change indicator on taskbar, screen brightness change, sound change indicators etc. But everything is working now.
Thanks, I hope my answer will help