It happens often that I see unknown file names when uncompressing zip files.
╕╢╣¤└╟╝║-Bb└╠┴╢╛╟▒т┐ы-┼м╢є╕о│▌,┼╫│╩╗Ў╝╥╞∙ ╝╥╟┴╢є│ы╗Ў╝╥╞∙ ,╞о╖│╞ъ
What could be the solution for the problem?
Try using p7zip. (@Pilot6 mentioned that p7zip doesn't work well for non UTF-8 encodings, but if you only need for UTF-8, then that's an easy solution.)
apt-get update apt-get install p7zip-full 7z x thefile.zip -o"outputDir"
Korean MS Windows encoding cp-949 may be used to zip the original files. Try
unzip with Windows Encoding option.
unzip -O cp-949 <file.zip>
Note: I checked the profile of original poster to know from where he/she is (Seoul, South Korea). For other users, you have to check the origin of zip and change the encoding respectively.
If you use standard Ubuntu Archive Manager and Ubuntu version 14.04+, then this can be solved by installing patched Archive Manager (file-roller). The problem is that file-roller uses p7zip for unzipping zip archives, if p7zip-full is installed. But p7zip does not handle non-UTF-8 encodings well. I patched file-roller to always use unzip for that purpose. Unzip itself has been fixed. The patched file-roller can be installed from my ppa
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:hanipouspilot/file-roller sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install file-roller
miniunzip in package minizip also seems to work fine with non-ascii filenames