I've been struggling this for quite some time and it's come to a point where looking at my screen hurts my eyes because I think my video driver settings are all messed up.
Additional Drivers says I have NVIDIA accelerated graphics driver but they are "not currently in use" (Screen shot below). How the heck do I put them to use??
NVIDIA X server settings says that I don't have NVIDIA X drivers and to edit nvidia-xconfig (screen shot below). I did that and all hell broke lose, my system would only start in terminal mode so I had to go to recovery mode and put X setting back to default.
Please tell me a way of how to active my nvidia driver settings?
My Video card is: EVGA 512-P3-1301-KR GeForce 8400 GS 512MB 32-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Video Card
I re-installed the nvidia-current driver and some changes happened.
- I still have "not in use"
- But I can launch nvidia-settings from terminal so I guess it actually is installed now
- Now I cant see my second monitor...its just blank screen
- Clicking on minimize and maximize buttons has not effect
- Monitor that does turn on does not show top and bottom bars where time and tasks are.