How can I install Skype on Ubuntu 14.04 with synaptic? I don't want to download from the site
Answered in Question
Open 'System Settings'. Under 'Ubuntu programs' choose the following 3 sources:
- ' Free and open source programs packed by Canonical (main)' ;
- 'Free and open source programs supported by community (universe)'
- ' Programs restricted by copyright and legal issues (multiverse)'
Under 'Other programs' choose the following 3
- 'Canonical partners, applications of partners packed by Canonical' ;
- 'Independent, Applications of other developers'
- 'Independent (source code), Applications of other developers';
Open Software Update by searching the dash and update it.
Install Synaptic Package Manager with this command:
sudo apt-get install synaptic
or by searching the Software Center for Synaptic
Search for skype and right click. Choose mark for Installation and the click Apply.
Now your installation is finished, test it!