I have a PC with Windows 8, with Oracle VirtualBox installed on it. In the File>Preferences>Network menu in VirtualBox, I have created three host-only networks:
- Host-only network 1 - 10.10.10.1
- Host-only network 2 - 10.20.20.1
- Host-only network 3 - 192.168.100.1
with all of them having a netmask 255.255.255.0.
I have also created three VMs as listed below:
- Controller is attached to Host-only network adapter 1 on the first adapter and NAT on the second.
- Network is attached to Host-only network adapter 2 on the first adapter and Host-only network adapter 3 on the second.
- Compute is attached to Host-only network adapter 3 on the first adapter and Host-only network adapter 2 on the second.
On the controller node, I configured the settings as per below:
/etc/hosts: Added 10.10.10.11 as controller, 10.10.10.11 as network and 10.10.10.13 as compute
auto eth0 iface eth0 inet static address 10.10.10.10 netmask 255.255.255.0 auto eth0 iface eth0 inet dhcp
The problem is that Internet connectivity does not seem to work.
apt-get update fails to fetch index files from every server and
ping google.com returns
unknown host google.com.
How can I fix internet connectivity?