This is my PC:
- G.Skill Ares DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 8GB 2x4GB CL9
- Gigabyte GA-H97M-HD3
- Intel Core i7-4790 3.6Ghz Box
- Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB
- MSI GeForce GTX750 OC 2GB GDDR5
- Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB SATA3
I have problems booting Ubuntu 14.04.2 live Cd or live USB from fresh (no Windows installed) or other SO. I want to do dual boot with W7.
I configure the motherboard like:
- Boot option 1: DVD
- boot option 2: Lexar USB
Fast boot: disabled
Windows 8 Features: Other OS
- Boot mode selection: Legacy Only
- Lan PXE Boot Option ROM: Disabled
- Storage boot option control: Legacy Only
Other PCI Device ROM priority: Legacy Only
Network stack: Disabled
System Mode state: Setup
- Secure Boot state: Disabled
I have no clue what is happening. I tried different DVDs burning in windows and in linux with different Ubuntu images from 14.04.1 and 14.04.2 and 14.04.2 server. The violet screen (with the simbols like screen and a person) appeared and after few seconds, the screen turn black and one undescore appear in the upper right corner blinking and stayed for 30 minutes. Then trying one time and another... but never appear the ubuntu main screen.
I also tryed with pendrive USB live but once the grub (only in USB, not in CD) appear and I selected "try" or "install" the screen turn to black and nothing happend (I waited like 30 minutes and nothing changed) in both cases.
I want to do dual boot with W7 but first I want to be able to start live CD at least.
Any ideas or configurations? I will appreciate so much the help.