I'm having trouble with doing custom error messages in Apache.
I've read Apache documentation and basic syntax is quite clear and simple. Only problem I'm having is I don't know in what config file I should put them. It's also hard to understand older questions about same subject due different config system it was before.
My .htaccess (I don't know if this is needed, I do have full control of server)
RewriteEngine on ErrorDocument 404 /404.html
if you need something else, please tell and I'll get them
Edit: I'm running on Ubuntu Server 14 LTS and Apache 2.4.7
- I've enabled rewrite module
/etc/apache2/sites-available/default looks like:
<Directory /var/www/> Options Indexed FollowSymLinks MultiViews AllowOverride All Order allow,deny allow from all </Directory>
- I tried How To Create A Custom ErrorDocument Page In Ubuntu 14.04? but it isn't working.
- I've restarted apache after every change
- My files are 404.html index.html and .htaccess and they are all at /var/www/html
- Tried Enable use of .htaccess in apache2 still not working