I've got really annoying problem and can't seem to figure out how to work it through. Recently I cleared my hard drive and installed JUST ubuntu 12.04 and of course upgraded to 14.04. Now I need Windows fully installed on the machine (Lenovo Z570). Which wouldn't be a problem if I could get to the point of installing. So far I'm just rebooting.The problem shortly is:
- Booting devices are ordered with Hard Drive first, and hard drive has got a nice Ubuntu
- I CAN'T access BIOS in any way possible to try and reorder it.
The only thing is I can go to grub und fire commands at will. I don't know which one to use to start the setup from the Windows DVD. I really need help. I wanted to ask
- Is there a way to install Windows from DVD using grub commands
- OR is there a way to wipe the hard drive in the current position
- OR perphaps flash the BIOS to try and reorder the booting devices.
I already tried removing the hard drive and I can then use a Live CD/DVD of any kind. But still don't know which and how.
Any help is appreciated. Hope to hear/read from you soon. Best Regards!
THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED in a rather stupid way. When I was trying to enter the multiboot menu I could only enter a menu where to choose between different versions of ubuntu. When I clicked Esc, I ended up in grub, where with the command
exit I was eble to choose where to boot. I chose DVD and installed pure Windows. I hope this helps others with this kind of problem.