How do I add the mod to my game (minecraft 1.8) ? I'v got it on my desktop but I don't know what to do next.
- Go to http://minecraftforge.net, scroll down and find "1.8 latest" and choose installer to download.
- Download the .jar file then go to properties of the file then mark "allow executing file as program and open with "Open jdk 7 runtime" have an active INTERNET connection then install the client.
- Navigate to your
.minecraftfolder and create a
- Open your minecraft launcher; a profile
Forgeshould pop up - select it.
- Select "1.8 Forge" (scroll down).
- Paste any mod that is in .jar format into the
modsfolder. (go to http://9minecraft.net to get these mods)
Some mods will not work so if minecraft crashes just delete it. It may be a good idea to take and backup your worlds on your desktop by going to
.minecraft/saves and copy all of your folder worlds.