I was happily using 14.04 with my Lenovo Y50. When I installed it, I had some troubles making my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2GB works with hardware acceleration, etc, but at the end everything was OK.
THIS WEEK (around 02/25/2015) an update destroyed this beautiful equilibrium: I can't resume after suspend and I can't plug or unplug my external monitor without having a weird problem:
- Desktop "moves" half of it size to the right.
- Mouse works, but I can't click on anything.
The only workaround is killing the Xorg, and loosing the session. What I tried, without success:
- Downgrade Compiz (the first suspect, it was upgraded this week). Nothing.
Install ALL possible NVIDIA drivers:
- Nvidia 304 & Nvidia 304 updates (blacklisting and purging nouveau)
- Nvidia 331 & Nvidia 331 updates (both from repository and NVidea website, blacklisting and purging nouveau)
- Nvidia 340 (from Xorg-edgers ppa). (blacklisting and purging nouveau)
- In every case, I purged previous drivers before, reconfigure Xorg, etc, etc,etc.
- Reinstalling Unity and Ubuntu-desktop
I honestly don't know what else to do, but this situation it's very annoying. How can I resolve this issue?