I have a text editor - Textpad - on a windows machine and it's a powerful text editor with very useful features, but it has no Linux port.
I was just wondering if I could find an equivalent that I could use for Ubuntu.
These features in particular are what I'm looking for the most:
- The ability to maintain block indents / block select / block editing
- Regular expression based search and replace, including multiline regex
- Macro recording feature to facilitate complex text transformations and data processing
- Line/Row sorting based on values in a specified column/position
- Bookmarking of lines, therefore allowing users to copy specific lines and then paste them to another document
- Support for editing multiple files, with tabbed document selection