I am new to Ubuntu and experiencing an issue after below mentioned action performed.
- installed Ubuntu (dual boot) in windows 7
- created username "aslam" while installing Ubuntu (everything running fine)
- changed display username from aslam to ashahid using user management window in IDE (running fine)
- tried to change core username via terminal from "aslam" to "ashahid" to match login username using a command (probably
usernmode -l oldusername newusername)
- then i came to know about a command KILLALL which i used for currently logged in user :-(
After last step when I tried to reboot, the login screen was showing username "ashahid" but password not accepted.
I tried to go through Recovery Mode and root login, there was still listed
/home/aslam but still unable to login.