You can install applications with
apt-get, Like so:
sudo apt-get install firefox
- Ask for root(administrator) privileges for:
- It is the tool that installs your software with the
install parameter installs the following application:
- Mozilla Firefox, a free and open-source web-browser build to make the Internet free and accessible to anyone.
Other - but not all - parameters you can add to
- To update your sources list
- To upgrade your applications to the newest versions
- upgrade your entire distribution: applications, system software etc.
- To remove the selected application(e.g
sudo apt-get remove firefox)
- To not only remove the applications binaries but also it's configuration files.