toshiba chromebook with crouton ubuntu 12.04
Problem: Flash doesn't function on Chromium. Flash doesn't function on Firefox. Sound muted in Ubnutu Desktop.
I'm going to order the following by month, to make the events more clear.
- fresh install ubuntu 12.04;
- desktop sound icon has full bars (top right icon near the time and sys settings icon)
- Firefox didn't work with flash.
- Switched to chromium, flash worked. (flash should be packaged w/chromium)
- installed Eclipse & JRE 7 (couldn't do 8 on 12.04)
- chromium flash ceased to function
- sound on desktop is null (sound icon shows no bars, cannot adjust in preferences)
- I followed this: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SoundTroubleshootingProcedure
It FIXED the sound issue.
- I navigated to chrome://plugins - no flash plugin listed
- On youtube.com page had broken flash image.
- Installed pepper as recommended on other sites, now flash pages (youtube) are 404 completely;
- Uninstalled chromium, reinstall chromium, reinstall pepper
- result == flash still doesn't function
- sound on desktop is muted/disabled
Then I tried this solution from AskUbuntu , which unfortunately didn't help.
- with fresh install: youtube (flash) pages go grey then freeze. Results in "Adobe plug in error."
action: I attempted to install pepper.
result: "failed to load libpepflashplayer.so"