I am wanting to create and distribute a Ubuntu Server Distro, I have extracted the mini-ubuntu iso and inspected how it is created. And from what I can see it is very simple. However I would like some documentation about what is in the iso so I can make my own distro and distribute it. Also here is what I have found while looking at the iso itself, please clarify me about my findings:
- Files "f1" through "f10" are the menus for the installer, however I do not see the menu that has the "Select software to install".
- "initrd" is just the root file system that will be installed to the hard disk. I can easily just do a
chrootto change stuff around if I want to.
- "ldlinux.c32" "libcom32.c32" "libutil.c32" "vesamenu.c32" are library's for the installation menus.
- "menu.cfg" "prompt.cfg" "rptxt.cfg" are configuration files for the menu system and how they are arranged.
- Lastly, "adtext.cfg" "boot (Secuirty Catalog in Winodws)" "exithelp.cfg" are other configs to exit and for menus as well don't know about "boot" maybe someone can give me a hand on that one.
Lastly, would this type of mini iso be a good starting place to build a server OS to redistribute? Thanks!