- I've formatted my PC and installed Windows 8 & Ubuntu 14.04.
- I've been working like 1 week with the computer with both OS without any problem
- My motherboard is Asus M2N32
Suddenly, one day the computer seems to stuck on booting:
- If I select Windows in the grub, the computer restarts
- If I select Ubuntu in the grub, just after the selection the computer stuck in a black screen with cursor but I cannot hit
I've checked some questions here, and google around but any of the solutions fix my issue.
- Start the computer with a Ubuntu 12/13/14 Live CD (same issue)
- Followed My computer boots to black screen without any success (among other tutorials I found googling)
- I tried to boot HardDisk & CD with
acpi = off,
- I've tried unplugging every device on the motherboard but the RAM, GraphicCard and wireless keyboard
- 3 graphics card I've tried: Sapphire HD 3650, Nvidia and ATI (I only remember the model of the Sapphire)
- I've tried to boot using boot-repair disk (via USB & CD), and get stuck in the same black screen with cursor blinking
I'm thinking the issue may come from the motherboard, but the computer starts without problems and I allways can see/enter/modify the BIOS.
- Does anyone has any thought or any solution that can be tried ?
EDIT: It seems the problems is graphic, because I cannot make the computer boot from a Windows XP/7/8 neither (Allways stuck in "Starting Windows" black screen)
That's weird because I have 3 different graphic cards, and the BIOS menu && Boot Menu is displayed without problems, but when any "good" graphic screen is coming, the computer fails...
- Is the motherboad damaged or there is another explanation for this ?