Have spent a lot of time on this one one but can't find an answer here.
Ubuntu 14.10 clean install. AMD A10-7700K APU with Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics x4.
1) Started with the xserver open-source wrapper and all seemed ok.
2) Installed BOINC but 'No useable GPUs found' in Event Log.
3) Reinstalled BOINC with boinc-amd-opencl but same result, except that it installed AMD graphics fglrx-updates.
4) Downloaded & installed latest Calalyst from AMD and that didn't work at all, wouldn't boot past the mauve screen!
5) Reverted back to setup above. But still no OpenCL for BOINC.
6) In case this was only a 'BOINC' glitch, I went to their website. Found some old stuff about KAVERI support, which didn't solve it.
7) Another program with this problem, darktable, also can't find OpenCL.
A snag is that there doesn't seem to a utility in Ubuntu that tells me clearly whether OpenCL is functional or not.
So conclusion? Ubuntu 14.10 + fglrx 14.201 + AMD A10-7700K = no OpenCL.
True? Hopefully someone out there knows the answer.