Say I have emacs and 3 terminal windows open. This is the way unity organizes them:
- one window group for emacs
- one window group for the 3 terminals
With Alt+Tab I can switch from emacs to the active terminal in the group and back. But if I want to switch to any of the non-active terminal windows I have to:
- Alt+Tab to switch to terminal group
- release to activate the (active) window in the group
- Ctrl+Tab (or whatever shortcut you have for that) to flip through the windows in the group
- release to activate the new window
This is not at all what I want. I want a simple Alt+Tab to cycle through all windows in the current workspace. I do not want unity to create window groups. How can I change this?
Note: I do not want at all to use the mouse for this.