First of all sorry for my english :)
I'm using VirtualBox 4.3.18 (downloaded from oracle's site)
I'm running ubuntu 14.04 as host and windows 7 64bit as guest.
When i plug the usb hard disk the host recognizes it, but if i start the guest and i open the devices menu i can see the entry for the hd, but it's greyed out and appears as not available.
1. i've installed both extension pack and guest additions
2. in the machine settings i've checked: Enable USB controller and Enable USB 2.0 (EHCI) cntroller
3. i've added the user to the
vboxusers group with the command
sudo gpasswd -a nomeutente vboxusers
4. i've tryed to plug the hd both before and after starting the guest without results
5. i.ve tryed to "safely remove" the drive and also to unmount it with the command
sudo umount /media/user/drivename, but it still results not available.
6. i've tryed to create a USB Device Filter for the hd from the machine settings with the "plus" button, but no results, even retrying points 4 and 5
I have no more ideas, what can I try?
Thanks for any suggestion.