My micro sd card stopped being recognized by my win2008 computer after a copy paste failure (maybe the card was full? or the antivirus stalled it and now the MBR is corrupted?). Now I want to see if I can mount my sd card on my Ubuntu machine, and then make a copy of the image file, so that I can perform a file recovery on it. What do you think? How can I do it, and will it work?
First try to simply insert the microSD card and see if ubuntu recognizes it. If yes, then copy all the files from it, reformat the SD card, and copy back the files...
You can make a file recovery tool to help you fix your micro card. CardRecoveryPro can recover your files, you can download here:http://tinyurl.com/bhcwmj2 then follow these steps:
- Download and install CardRecoveryPro.
- Choose the drive to start scanning.
- After scanning, list of file types will be displayed in the left pane.
- Click each file type to view files in it. You will see thumbnails when you click on the file type.
- You can either recover all or part files by clicking the Recovery button.