This question already has an answer here:
- I want to install ubuntu alongside windows 7.
- I have 3 partitions on my internal hard-disk (C,D,E) and one external hard disk drive.
- I have removed external hard disk drive (from USB port) as i do not want to mess-up with my data on the this drive.
- I formated (as NTFS) my drive D in windows 7 to install ubuntu on this drive.
- Created a bootable USB with ubuntu 14.04.1
- Installation is showing Windows 7 detected but no option to install alongside windows.
output of sudo parted -l