Since recent updates in the past two or three days, many of my incoming emails have become unreadable in Gmail.
- This happens only in Chromium (in Gmail). If I open the affected emails in Firefox Gmail, I can read them OK.
- If I change the zoom, whether larger or smaller, I can read the email. But at 100%, I cannot.
- The problem started only a couple of days ago (yesterday, I think).
- Not all emails have this problem. I don't know what separates those that do from those that don't.
- The emails render perfectly on both Windows 7 (Chrome) and Lubuntu 14.04 (Chromium).
See the screen-shots:
100% (parts of letters, and entire letters, are missing):
90% (readable, though not entirely clear):
110% (also readable, though not entirely clear):
The letters are crystal clear on both Windows and Lubuntu.
Presumably, it is something to do with the fonts. But I don't know even where to begin fixing this readability problem.
- I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit, fully updated